Must blog about Kessingland, although with two twitchy girls currently being my only company, I am liable to be frequently interrupted.
Overall, I had a great week. Although originally I was somewhat hacked off with Bill for deciding not to stay, in the end it avoided that feeling of divided loyalties of wanting to spend time with online friends who I wanted to get to know better, and DH with whom I don't spend enough time either. So I was glad to be able to spend satisfactory (although would have liked more) amounts of time sitting, chatting and generally hanging out, after sending Tamsin off to play with sundry other children and putting Isabelle down on a mat with her fellow triplettes (made-up word for small female triplets?!) and a few toys.
The good stuff:
The weather for the first half of the week
Tamsin going off and playing with others (last year she wouldn't leave my side at all) and especially bonding with Naomi (of Stef and Dawniy); Barbara's E and B, and Freya whose family wasn't on the list of attendees so I'm still not sure who her Mum is but she liked us so much she came and spent a night in our caravan!
A lovely conversation with Ammi on Friday
Going to Sea-Life in Great Yarmouth
Joining the blogring bandwagon by getting a Lidl like-a-bike equivalent
Getting to know people a bit better, esp. Katherine and Helen/Chris
The MuddlePuddle triplets of Isabelle, BB and Josie
Basket-weaving
Just getting away from it all
The bad stuff:
Not getting any decent time on the beach because by the time we tried (Thurs/Fri) it was too cold and windy and rainy. In all Tamsin's 4 years we've never spent more than 10 minutes on a beach.
Not spending much time with Jax, Alison or Merry - we just never seemed to be in the same place at the same time
Feeling humbled that Kris towed her own caravan, whereas I got Bill to drive us there & back. OTOH, if I learn to do it myself, I'll be expected to just do it alone from then on .....
I'm sure there was more but can't remember right now. Will edit later if I remember more vital stuff!
Very strange - just noticed the 'IQ test' post has disappeared. Is the universe trying to tell me something...?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Freya belonged to Lizzie, friend of Alexia's I believe.
I was surprised at how little I saw of you as well - ditto Merry for that matter. Odd isn't it, after we manage a week in a field, you'd think we'd have loads of time to chat!
Kris has been towing things and driving tractors since she was at college if not before, so wouldn't worry too much about feeling shown up by her ;)
Lizzie came to the earlier MP camps, and she was at HESFES. She's a sort of old hand, but doesn't post much nowadays. I was in awe of kris as well. I really wish I could get my head round towing the van, as it would free up lots more opportunities for me and Hannah. It's not that I'm a scardy-cat driver either, as I do about 2000 miles most months, in pretty awful traffic, in all weathers, but towing just scares the pants off me. I'm even thinking about going on the towing course. I keep wondering if it would be a good investment.
Freya hooked up with me on my first ever MP camp ( we'd only been HE a week LOL). Lovely little girl. Purple hair then....
Goodness, don't feel bad about not towing your own caravan! I'm more in awe of the people who turn up with a handful of kids and camp in a tent sans partner, whilst pregnant. (yes that's you Katherine!)
Joyce - go do the course. It's a lot easier than you think. Besides, I always think that when people realise it's a woman behind the wheel of the 40' road train that they tend to get out of your way sharpish. ;)
didn't feel like i saw you much either Joanna - and we didn't do that Dora fix either did we?
will def. have to arrange a meet up midway sometime soon - London??
London would be good, Nic - I want to go to the Nat History Museum next and I'm sure there is other stuff that would be fun too.
Kris, the fact that you've got a muddy off road vehicle that looks like it could go over the top of anything else at the front of your road train, could, possibly, be contributing factor to ppl getting out of the way? So there's a towing course? Cos Tim seems to be quite into the idea of a van...
Joyce, I thought you did tow your van in the summer? How else do you cart about the country as you do?
Post a Comment