Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Losing it...

I just feel like I have not got a grip on anything. I am juggling too many balls in the air and they're starting to come crashing down. The house is a tip; we're not doing proper HE because first of all I need to read the instructions on how to do the Miquon, Handwriting without Tears, Reading Reflex and I haven't got time or the mental energy; whenever Tamsin asks to do something I say "not right now, I've just got to ....." (insert next most urgent task that's been waiting for days and really *has* to be done now); Isabelle is waking several times a night and I cannot get my head round how to night-wean her without it being a terrible ordeal (she still won't take any kind of cup or bottle); I cannot seem to stick to any of the boundaries I set for myself or Tamsin like less TV or less computer because I give in as soon as I have a weak moment (very often); Tamsin has taken to shouting or snapping back at me and it's only because I do it to her so often; ..... I could go on about all the other things that are pressing in on me .... but I'm too tired. AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

8 comments:

Jax Blunt said...

(((Joanna)))

HelenHaricot said...

oh joanna ((hugs))
i have a lot of home ed ideas, and who knows when to sort out.
i forgot to photocopy getty and dubay, so we can't start that yet.
miquon - well, we just let SB start, and had the lab notes open beside to make sense of it.
our house a mess.
kitchen floor probably condemable

Kris said...

{{{{{Joanna}}}} I understand exactly what you mean! It'll get better - honest.

Joyce said...

Ah, don't be too hard on yourself. And as you'd expect from me, ;-) I would challenge the "I'm not doing proper HE" bit. I know you have an idea of how you want it to be for you, in terms of what you are using, but it's meant to help, not be another thing to beat yourself up with. If it's not the right thing for you all just now, then it's not helpful to stress about them. HE will actually happen anyway. It might not be in the order you envisaged, and it might not be with the resources you envisaged, but you can't stop it, really. And I can't tell you how much I feel for you over the sleep depreviation. I can't even blame a bay for mine, but I'm feeling like death warmed up most of the time, and I hate the way it's making me feel.

Anonymous said...

(((Joanna))) Wish I lived nearer so I could run off with your girlies for a few hours and give you some peace!

Re Miquon, we are about 1/4 of the way through Orange book and really the IG isn't that critical, it's more about them getting used to the books I think.

Re HWT um, we didn't really "get" this one but there were a few nice ideas in the IG and the workbook pretty much runs itself to start with so I wouldn't spend too much time studying it.

Re Sonlight pre-k, who needs an IG anyway? REad the books, any old order, find favourites and read them lots. If you are doing the DEL books then again, they don't take much pre-planning, jsut wing it!

Re housework - whispers so Joyce won't hear me - what's that? Well, no to be fair, Becca "helps" with ours so she feels included and I get to put some washing in....

re shouty children, I got one of them too!

HelenHaricot said...

not something to boast about, but SB can name drosphilla [fruit flies] knows what they eat, asnd that they reproduce at alarming rates!

Clare Kirkpatrick said...

Would it help if you and I did a chores swap type thing? I could come to yours and play with the children while you get things done, then you could come to me another time and do the same. Just a thought.

Cx

Jen said...

Lots of hugs, 10 months is always my crack up point with a new baby, the hormones have gone beserk, the energy is utterly lost, sleep is a long lost memory...
In a clear cut case of do as I say not do as I do, try getting out for 10 mins each day for a walk with kids, eat as much healthy stuff as you can, include oily fish and nuts/seeds, drink 2 litres of water and find out about St Johns Wart. And in the meantime, take it easy on yourself, if you did nothing but let her play for the next 6 months she wouldn't suffer educationally.