Saturday, February 24, 2007

So.....

So, none of you except Helen gives a monkeys that I've been at death's door then Honestly, what does a girl have to do round here to get a little attention, huh? Ah well, at least now I know who my friends are ;-)

For the benefit of the few who are interested, I'll just reassure you all that I am definitely on the mend. I did go to the Dr in the end but he diagnosed pharyngitis which is viral so no antibiotics required for which I was grateful. I did suggest ice-cream, though, so I wasted no time at all in going to the next-door supermarket for a big tub of Ben & Jerry's! And I'm NOT SHARING IT!

On top of all this, on Friday we had the trauma of taking the dog for surgery. She'd had a large lump appear in her groin, and they weren't sure what it was so it had to be removed. She's fine, though - it turned out to be a fatty lump which popped out with no trouble and apart from the 6 stitches to be taken out, she requires no further treatment. Can't say the same about our finances though which are going to need CPR any time now .......

Anyway, as I've mostly been in bed for the past 3 days I can't tell you much about what the girls have been up to, apart from running riot! DH is looking ragged, the house is..... erm.... a tip and Shannon has been distraught about being kept away from me while I've languished in bed so she's particularly clingy. Could somebody send in the cavalry, please?

3 comments:

Stella said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend, I missed that you were ill but that was possibly because I spent three days in bed with a very similar sounding illness myself - wasn't it awful!!
Much sympathy to you
:)

Merry said...

Lots of ill here too; glad to hear you are on the mend now though. When are you coming over this way?

HelenHaricot said...

halo shining!
Glad you are feeling better though, and sorry we won't be seeing you this week, but feel free to give us some dates [or Merry, and maybe we can all meet]
I don't share B and J icecream either!