Monday, May 14, 2007

Tired and Emotional ....

No, not the euphemism for pissed as a rat, but just genuinely tired and emotional ... We (the girls and I - DH stayed home to look after the dog) have been away at our annual church weekend away, had an absolutely fab but exhausting time and today has seen the fallout..... In fact I'm too tired to blog about it much, but suffice to say a complete tantrum from Jade at lunchtime resulted in her not going to school this afternoon because I thought she was just too tired to be able to cope (so why is she still awake at 10pm despite having been put to bed at 8?). We also had a failed attempt to teach her about tens and units this morning using the base ten blocks ... neither of us was in the best frame of mind for it so I abandoned that as a bad job and hope that another day it might click for her. I pretty much left them to it for the rest of the day. Jade didn't get changed out of her pyjamas until about 4pm when L from next door came round. Shannon has been mostly naked or just nappied today. Typically in her one half-hour nappy-free period she weed on our bed for the THIRD time in the past 5 days!!! GRRRRRRR!! There's been more TV and video watching than usual today plus lots of playing but also lots of pushing, shoving, hitting, arguing and crying ... (sigh...)

1 comment:

HelenHaricot said...

hope you are more alive now. I have caught your tired and emotional bug . hoping it might be shortlived!
Have you looked at our castle blogs?