Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Well it couldn't have got worse so it had to get better!

My mood, that is. Thank goodness I've felt better today. Bill is away on a course till tomorrow, and my Mum has come to stay - arriving at lunchtime today till tomorrow. I still managed to waste all morning on the computer, searching for possible birthday presents for Tamsin - and found this, only available in the USA! Hmm, but she is now a BIG Dora fan, so I have to decide if the cost of it and getting it shipped over here (an extra $65 surface mail, yikes or $225 air mail - I don't think so!!) is totally out of the question or should we just stick to a trampoline or a playhouse or something?

Anyway, Mum arrived after that, and we went off out in the foggy mist/misty fog?? to a lavender farm where we had a fantastic late lunch and then on to Bourton-on-the-Water model railway museum which thrilled Tamsin. Later on, a conversation with my Mum may have shed light on Tamsin's recent behaviour problems in that she needs some concentrated one-to-one time from me, rather than us just both being 'around' but not really doing stuff together. I was thinking I was spending plenty of time with her, but really I haven't been paying her much positive attention, as blogged yesterday, because I've really been finding her very difficult. But probably I need to turn that round and give her the concentrated attention and then she'll be less difficult to be with? Worth a try, anyway. It's strange how I know all this stuff very clearly - kids misbehave as negative attention is better than no attention at all - but it's so easy to miss it in your own life.

Anyway, an early-ish night (10.30pm now) is probably in order and turn over a new leaf tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tarly got the Dora house for Christmas. Got it from Toys R Us for £40. Just checked their website and it's not on there anymore but furniture for it is so it must still be available to buy over here.

Its really good btw - she plays with it lots, its well made, has lots of stuff to do and comes with quite a few characters (and you can get the additional furniture sets to add to it).

And I do welcome having children close enough in age to occupy each other with their odd little pretend games so I don't have to be Bob the Builder getting eaten by a velociraptor (my alloted role the last time I got involved in a game with Davies!)