Friday, February 24, 2006

I'm trying to blog but 'The most embarrassing things about the 1980s' programme (or whatever it's called) is seriously addling my brain and I can't think straight - ah, memories..... Let's not go there ... the emotional torments of my late teens and twenties are not worth remembering too much.

Anyway, today I've had my grown-up head on in order to interview candidates for a vacancy at Playschool, and as Chair it was my job this afternoon to phone the successful (nice call) and unsuccessful (hmmmm) candidates. Anyway, it's all done now and we have a lovely new shiny Assistant starting on Monday morning.

This afternoon I dodged the girls while I made the necessary phone calls, but made up for it later by doing a new 'Sound of the Week' poster (on request from Tamsin) covering the ay/ai/ei sound, she's done a beautiful picture of someone walking in the dark in the rain, she's played with Isabelle, built wooden brick houses for Mr Small, Mr Happy and Mr Tall and watched the DK "Human Machine" video. To top it all, among her bedtime stories was "St George and the Dragon" to fit nicely into our low-key United Kingdom project which is ticking along in the background, along with the butterfly one. In the meantime, I seem to have eaten, erm, an entire pack of Caramel chocolate biscuits ..... oops!

ETA - forgot about the face painting! Tamsin wanted to paint me, so all afternoon I've had orange cheeks, a black nose, a green and yellow forehead, one blue ear and one orange ear. I returned the favour and she was a butterfly with orange wings on her cheeks and black feelers on her forehead.

And yes, I am feeling better, thank you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the 80's, overrated ;)

Glad to hear you sounding better Joanna.

Jan said...

Glad you're feeling better. Sounds like it's going well there.