We've had a good day today! Got up determined that we are going to do some regular, although low-key, 'work' so after breakfast I sat Jade down for a little bit of adding up stuff. She got on pretty well, although at the end she did get all stroppy. I ranted a bit when she wouldn't tell me what was wrong, and probably didn't handle it very well at all, but in the end discovered she was frustrated with not writing some of the numbers very well - and it was only the '2' that she had trouble with, and wouldn't let me show her how to do it anyway!
Anyway to break the tension we took the dog out for a walk, encountering a few neighbours with the usual 'why isn't she at school' question - we haven't run this particular gauntlet with them yet because she did 4 mornings at playschool till July so didn't see the neighbours much in normal school hours.
Got back and made a mask using one of the designs from the "Rainy Day Activities" cards that arrived in my Usborne order this morning. We had a huge glitter-fest and Isabelle joined in too! Meanwhile I was madly cleaning trying to make the house even half-way decent for our afternoon guests.
Then it was time for a quick lunch, get Jade changed into school clothes and everything ready for her afternoon at school ...... and just when we were about to go out of the door I could not find my car-key anywhere. Hunted high and low, phoned Bill and used some very unladylike words, phoned the school to say I didn't know if we would make it ... and then thought hard and looked down the side of the sofa and armchair - and found the key in among the biscuit crumbs and other yuck. I have a new pair of trousers (well, new-to-me - they're actually a lovely pair of Boden jeans costing £4 from the charity shop) with sloping pockets that obviously I'm not going to be able to rely on! So got Jade to school in the nick of time, and then rushed home again to receive a visit from someone I've met a couple of times before who has an adopted Chinese daughter the same age as Shannon, and she is interested in HE. We had a good long chat about all sorts of stuff - I pointed her at MuddlePuddle among other things - so that was good.
(Oh, and I can't believe I forgot to blog yesterday about the phone call I received - there is a new HE family IN MY OWN TOWN!!! (which is very small) with 8-year old twins and a 5-year old daughter!! So they're coming here on Friday afternoon!)
After collecting Jade from school, we went to Tesco's, then home for tea and playing and bedtime went very smoothly so now the evening's my own!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We recently lost some keys in the biscuit crumbs - persuaded Rich to rescue them though :) Found plenty of other treasure at the same time!
I love the way your blog names work - think I might switch to this since Kpie is the only one we actually call Kpie, although I do always refer collectiely to them as pies now.
Post a Comment