Saturday, November 18, 2006

Busy, busy, busy....

So much to do; so little time. I've done quite a few Usborne events recently with more to come, a work-organised Litter Pick round town this morning, this evening we are showing our monthly Rural Cinema film, there's been HE group, work and part-time school, not to mention the usual domestic chaos. Sometimes I wish I did nothing except stay at home with the girls. No other commitments, no rushing about here and there. But if I did I'd be bored with the same old thing all the time and no variations. It feels good to be an active member of the local community, putting on events and getting involved.

The main problem is, I'm tired. Tired, tired, tired. I can't believe I've had 5.5 years without adequate sleep. And I was always a 10-hours-a-night girl!! I know I'm not the only one; I know many others have the same problems. But we just can't seem to get Shannon to sleep through at night - and I run out of stamina before she does so I give in and feed her and of course she's getting mixed messages and why on earth should she give up trying when she is sometimes successful?

But the chaos piling up round here is scary; once again it's weeks and weeks since I looked at my finances, my Usborne paperwork is building up everywhere and I just can't get a grip on where stuff should be put so it is messy everywhere. If only I had some time to myself during a morning when I have a moderate amount of energy I might be able to make inroads into it. I've been thinking longingly of school ... and when Shannon gets to the age when she can be at playschool for a whole morning the temptation will be even greater. And because I'm tired and short of patience with the girls, I want to hide here at the computer and just let them entertain themselves, so I'm not doing the educational and fun stuff with them that I want to either.

Oh well, moan over. Normal service (whatever that is!) will be resumed in a little while.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

much sympathy - I do recall similar issues with Small :(

(((Joanna)))

a said...

Sounds hard Joanna, can't think of anything helpful to say but tiredness is so hard to live with, I know that much.
Ali

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I know how that feels.
Are you thinking "all or nothing" style? Trying dropping one job outside and picking up JUST ONE job indoors (like the paperwork) and forget about the rest. Picking up one thing at a time and accepting the rest being out of control can be a beginning. I'm a real all or nothing person and am often overwhelmed by my perception of the situation.
A nice game to play is "how satisfying will that be?" You chose a job, rate how satisfying you think it will be to get it done, do it, then rate it again. It adds a bit of interest to it, and you will probably be surprised how much more satisfying it was than you expected.

I do hope the sleep situation improves soon. Sometimes slowing down can be almost a sleep.
best wishes
Sally

Anonymous said...

(oh, I do sound Mumsy! apologies for that!)

Joanna said...

No, Sally, I appreciate it! I'm definitely doing 'all or nothing'! I will try and think about what I can drop!

HelenHaricot said...

i have sent you flickr mail ou mifgt want to look at.
hugs for tiredness.
i have now weaned bb as i couldn't face carrying on.

HelenHaricot said...

have emailed you as our email down at moment as chris forgot to pay for domain - sigh! should be resumed tomorrow.
hugs
helen.

Anonymous said...

Seems like a while since we've heard from you, so just stopped by to say hi, and hope it's going OK.