Sunday, March 04, 2007

The black hole of time

.... slips away with another few days! Wednesday was my work-all-day day, plus Thursday morning. Got a bit despondent on Thursday afternoon after collecting Jade from school, as I asked her teacher whether she thought it would be manageable for Jade to go in all day on a Thursday, and she was quite negative about it. My Dad has been looking after Jade on a Thursday morning while I work for a long time now, and as he approaches 75 in May he wants to 'retire'! So I desperately need Thursday morning childcare but have no money to pay for any. So I thought maybe we could work out for her to be at school all day on a Thursday, but as I say her teacher is really not keen on the idea, and as she is the one who would have to implement it then if she's not on-side then it's not going to work well anyway. I don't want to be liaising every week with someone who thinks we're just wasting her time. So ... don't know what I'm going to do about that yet. She's not negative about Jade's abilities, but simply about us working together so that I can, for example, finish up any work on a Friday that they've started on Thursday etc. "What about if we're using equipment in the classroom that we need to continue with on the Friday?", she says.

Can't remember at all what happened on Friday.

Saturday was lovely - Bill got up with the girls (voluntarily!) and I had a lie-in! And then after a general morning's playing, I took Jade to dancing and went off to do a bit of supermarket shopping while she was there. After collecting her, we all went swimming. Yes, all of us! For 5.5 years I've been taking Jade swimming, and this is the first time ever (except maybe once on holiday) that Bill has come along too. Whatever it is that's come over him, I like it! And as we were driving home, he said how it was too nice to go straight home and let's go for a walk, so we did drop in and pick up the dog and then went up to one of the Cotswolds high spots and had a lovely half-hour walk. So that was a lovely family day. There was much lunar eclipse viewing in the evening but although Jade asked to be woken up to have a look, she was in too deep a sleep and wouldn't even stir.

Today I took the girls to church this morning, got home by 1pm just in time to receive our monthly Tesco delivery, and then Bill and I took it in turns to have an hour's nap. Shannon is being really terrible at night lately and seems to want to be permanently latched on. Needless to say I'm not letting her but it's disturbing us all.

Tomorrow morning I'm not going to answer the phone if it rings, in the hope of actually getting some work done here!

1 comment:

Merry said...

Seems a shame that she won't even give it a go - surely you could work something out. I mean, what exactly are they likely to be doing? Nuclear physics????