Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Up/down/up/down ....

Tamsin was at playschool this morning, and I expected to get just a few things done before having a good nap while Isabelle was asleep, to set me up for the afternoon alone with both girls. Isabelle had other ideas ...... and fussed and fidgeted and sucked and squawled all morning, until by midday I was a sobbing heap, shouting at her to shut up and go to sleep, so that I could too .... :-( Poor little baby heard the 'f' word several times as well, which is not one I normally use :-(

I do not do well without enough sleep ..... I turn into a monster ..... I'm sure I never used to be this bad, but certainly since being pregnant this time I just don't seem to be able to manage to be awake a whole day without a nap sometime. I just can't cope otherwise.

Fortunately, my superstar friend Kate picked Tamsin up from playschool, along with her own daughter, and kept her until I was ready... so after eventually getting Isabelle to sleep at 2pm and sleeping myself till 3pm, I went to Kate's house, and stayed there till after 6pm where we had dinner as well ...

Days like today really shake my confidence. Many days like this will lead to depression, I know it, and that's the last thing I need on top of everything else. The only good thing about today was that there was NO TV!!!

3 comments:

dottyspots said...

Oh dear!

TBH I don't know how people get through a day (especially with small children) whilst being pregnant without napping. Whilst I was pregnant with Noo I generally dropped off 4pm - good job my kids are older.

Please don't beat yourself up about it - you're pregnant and entitled to a nap, it's just really hard when you have little children. Giver Isabelle a big hug :0)

Sarah said...

Don't know if that hit a chord with you Joanna, but Merry's comment rang true with me in terms of the shifts in thinking/feeling I went through related to losses and then subsequent pregnancies so I'm absolutely sure similar must be true in respect of tiny babies, iyswim!

(((Joanna))) Hugs from me. Hope you've had some decent stretches of sleep in the past couple of days, too.

Unknown said...

Have some hugs (((Joanna))) and don't beat yourself up, having one child is bloody hard work in the early days, let alone two or more. Many the day I sat there wondering how I was ever going to actually get us all dressed let alone out of the house!
The first 12 weeks is very hard, but keep reminding yourself of the 'light at the end of the tunnel' and that life will shake itself into a new routine to fit Isabelle in too... thinking of you xxx