I'm trying to find a doll for Isabelle's first birthday present. That shouldn't be very difficult, should it? So how come I can't find what I want? I'm looking for a fully vinyl (so it can be bathed) doll with hair (so none of the 'baby' dolls) that is a bit different from the Tiny Tears that I got for Tamsin on her first birthday so they don't get muddled up. Toy shops, catalogues, Ebay .... I'm not finding anything suitable. How ridiculous is that?
Added later: And the other thing I meant to say was, have the rest of you ever heard of 'Reborn' dolls? Those things are weird. People take dolls and fiddle about with them so they are more realistic to look like real babies. Well, excuse me, but for those of us who have held our dead baby, they are just too bizarre and unpleasant for words. Search on Ebay for Reborn dolls if you don't know what I mean. Ugh, they really gave me the creeps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
stef and I looked at the reborn babies on ebay Joanna, one is currently on £311.00 Stef says there's something strangely disturbing about them and I think I agree.
Dawniy xx
I think those dolls are horrific too - simply bizarre!
Cx
Hannah has always hankered after one of these, but they sort of give me the heebie-jeebies, so we've never got one (not that I would be paying 300 quid for a doll anyway. They had then in Spain for about 60 euros, but I still couldn't do it.
Post a Comment