Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I seem to have forgotten something.....

Oh, I know! It's Tamsin - she's not here! What a very strange feeling. Tamsin was very excited to be offered the chance to stay at Kate's and sleepover with her 3 daughters, so this is our first ever night apart. I feel like I've had something amputated, but also very free! It's quite a step forward for Tamsin, who's never wanted to stay away overnight before despite having had the chance.

And I've also told her she will have to stop having mummy-milk by the end of the year, which she seemed to accept without any qualms. We'll just see how it goes at the time. It's only been morning and evening for quite a while anyway.

So, she's growing up. Sob ...... and hooray!

Tonight has been wrap-fest ... and all except Bill's prezzie are now wrapped. I seem to have got Tamsin rather a lot. Hmmm. I have been feeling grateful I am not Merry, with 4 kids to wrap for!!!! OTOH, it's probably worth it ;-)

Must go to bed. And, if I'm lucky, sleep with less disturbances than usual, as there will be one less person in the bed.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

But does he get stressed at the paper being ripped when presents are opened, like Bill does? Perfectionists, huh!

a said...

oooh J does perfect corners too. He's got used to my eccentric lumps and bumps though.
Wow! Sleepover! That must feel very very strange.
We've got too many prezzies here for F too I think.
Ali