Wednesday, January 04, 2006

First word - English; second word - Spanish!

Isabelle spoke!! It was so sweet to hear real stuff coming out of her mouth! Of course she has said mamamam and dadad and so on but I'm not confident that's been more than babbling yet. So today, Tamsin was getting a little frustrated at Isabelle's yelling, and shouted "Shush!" at her, and Isabelle said "Shush!" back!!!! It was really funny. She said it a few more times when prompted too. And then later in the day when Isabelle had climbed the stairs, and I was helping her down step by step, Tamsin was saying "Abaho!" (Spanish for 'down') (may have spelled it wrong) and Isabelle repeated "Aho.... Aho...". How about that - a bilingual baby! Of course, she wouldn't demonstrate for Daddy when he got home, so we'll have to see what utterances if any we will get in the coming days.

Apart from that, it's been another good day today. My sink is still clean! I am taking Flylady very very slowly this time. I first signed up in Jan or Feb 2001, and remained signed up for 4 years and didn't really get any of it done. I improved slightly in a couple of things, but not significantly. So last year I gave up. I think maybe I just kept trying to do too much at once, or trying to get to grips with the whole programme before I really started it properly. So I've signed up again and after a year's break I am reading the e-mails with fresh eyes, and they are speaking straight at me!! And I am committing to nothing more in January than keeping my sink clean. I may do a few other bits, but am not trying to. Very slow babysteps for me this time.

So this morning, we did some writing practice of the letters in this week's Sound of the Week - 's' and 't' so that helped start to turn her 's' around - she's been doing it backwards for a while! And she really enjoyed doing that. She's also done lots of jigsaws and other letter/word puzzles. Later we went into town to pay cheques in and post parcels and letters. Got home and did some more games and puzzles, and then went up to Kate's house for a bounce on their new trampoline and lots of girly games. While I was nit-combing her hair (nothing live in there this time but must keep at it to make sure!!) she drew a lovely picture of Daddy complete with wispy hair on top and then a picture of her best friend from playschool who she is excited to see again tomorrow morning when she goes back.

I have so enjoyed having this time off work, particularly in the past week, and feel I've had a much better time with Tamsin because of it, but it's back to it tomorrow unfortunately.

No comments: