I will blog properly again one day, I promise. I just keep thinking I've got so much to catch up on that I need a good long time for blogging, and I just don't get it.
Things I could mention when I get round to it are:
1. Center Parcs holiday - excellent
2. Jade's Friend to Animals badge for Brownies
3. More maths meltdowns
4. My Organizing 101 online class
5. Snow and sledging fun
6. School decision
7. Selective mutism therapy.
There's probably more, but that's all I've got the brainpower for right now.
I do want to give a big thanks to Lotusbirther for pointing out that the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence has included selective mutism as one of the possible signs of child maltreatment in their proposed Guidance on which they are currently consulting, on the basis of one very flimsy and poorly-conducted piece of evidence. The Selective Mutism Information & Research Association had no idea about this until I was able to point it out to them last Thursday night, and an awful lot of work has been going on behind the scenes all of a sudden to get some proper scientific evidence in there to refute their false belief.
Heavens above, I am a home-educator with a selectively mute child - clearly we are definitely child abusers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
hmmm, I assume "NICE" are working on the same principle that "a few home edders are abusers therefore all are suspected of doing" so with their stance on selective mutism. Flippin cheek!
Tell Jade well done from me on her Friend to Animals badge!
Thank goodness you have been able to get something positive done about this! It beggars belief that the main charity wans't involved in the process from the beginning, I wonder how many other such mistakes are being made in consultation la la land? Now if it was the nspcc.... (don't get me started!)
:roll: at nice. looking forward to long blog post
Post a Comment