I'm sorry, I can't keep this in any longer. I have watched a couple of TV programmes like this in the past couple of days, and right now I am watching "Who Rules the Roost", and the world seems to be full of people who have sparkling kitchens and dust-less living rooms, and *completely ignored* children!!! And this woman is *disinfecting the garden*!!! OMG, what is the point of that? Disinfecting the slide, swing and playhouse door handle? Please, get a life, and some decent information about micro-organisms and the human immune system!!!
I cannot believe how much energy people spend on scrubbing, dusting, tidying and cleaning. Yes, it would be lovely to live in a pristine house, but not at the expense of leaving my children uncuddled, unplayed with and scared to move in case they make a mess. And when I do have time to spare, I would rather sit and read, or blog, or chat to friends on the phone, than clean!
I'm not saying my way is the perfect way - there must be a middle ground somewhere. I probably don't spend enough time cleaning and tidying, but for heaven's sake, some people are *too clean and tidy*!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
My mind boggles to at the very idea of disenfecting the garden. Just a tad over-zealous.
The middle way....put stuff where it's going to end up, straight after it stops being used. So it doesn't build up into tangled, overwhelming piles. This applies to kitchen, bedroom, toys, garden, workshop etc and saves HOURS (of my time). And no, I'm not perfect...I don't care about the dirt either, mostly, but I hate the mess.
And what on earth is a blogring bandwagon...? Something from Wagner?
Post a Comment