Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Reading

When I picked up the 'Reading Reflex' learning to read book I have in September, Tamsin would have had to start right at the beginning as she couldn't do any of it. Without having done any of the lessons inbetween, but only informal here and there stuff, I've looked at the book again and she's too far advanced for the entire first section, which is reading 3-sound cvc words! Good stuff! I don't think (obviously!) I'll stick to the lesson plan, but at least reading it gives me an idea of what to tackle next and how. It feels rather amazing, actually, having one learning to read and one learning to walk and, I suppose, talk, although there are no recognisable words yet.

We've been out to our women's group at church today, which as usual was lovely but made me aware of a whole confusion of emotions whirling round in me about my Mum, Bill, the state of the house, my relationship with Tamsin and how I am treating her, and more... The usual bunch of stuff, really! But I've been feeling quite conflicted and emotional today, and maybe it's that which has caused me to feel quite ill, almost migrainish but without the headache, this afternoon. I insisted on having 20 minutes on my own after we got home, just so I could try and deal with some of the feelings, and then we actually did some cleaning and tidying up. We went to the Library this afternoon but I was feeling quite sick so we didn't stay long and just came home with the handful of books Tamsin had chosen.

Have now stuck them in front of Nick Jr to await Bill's return home early, I hope - I phoned and asked him to come and rescue me!

2 comments:

dawniy. said...

Big hugs and prayers for time to be peaceful and think your own thoughts! ((((((((((Joanna)))))))))
sometimes being a mum and everything else is just too much isn't ? I can imagine how you feel
xx

Classroomfree said...

Brilliant progress with the reading stuff. Well done.