Today's been good. It feels like great progress has been made. My lovely women friends from church came round and *sorted me out*!!! I now have an organised toy cupboard, with boxes and baskets all sorted out, two large boxes of stuff have gone to the charity shop and two overly-large armchairs and an old large TV have been collected by Freecyclers. We now have some space, some clear surfaces, and a plan as to what to do with the rest. It took 4 of us 2.5 hours to get as far as we did, with plenty more still to do. I'm itching to get it *all done* but I guess that will be a while yet as it will be slower from now on, but at least I can see a way.
The other recent kind-of 'big news' is that I have finally written a letter to the lovely small village school 3 miles away asking whether we could flexi-school Tamsin. In September she won't be able to go to playschool any more, and I still have to work 3 mornings a week! I wish it didn't mean having to cover the National Curriculum, and being known to the LEA, but I think there are other advantages (music, sport, friends) to be gained from it apart from the childcare aspect! Anyway, the school is in a precarious position at the moment having been recommended for closure in 2008 - the County Council will meet in a couple of weeks' time to consider the recommendation. And the long-standing headteacher retired at the end of last term and there is an acting Head in place, who may not feel in a good position to do anything as radical as take on a flexi-time pupil, but OTOH maybe they really need their numbers up any way they can. We shall see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds good Joanna. My lot are having a taster day at school today which is utterly weird ... more on blog later ;)
funny you should saythat merry... [joking]
sounds good for cleaning and flexischool idea, particulary the 4 helpers sorting though.
Post a Comment