We're going to talk to the Acting Head of the local school next Wednesday to talk about flexi-schooling. I'm worried about the various downsides of this course of action, like Tamsin being the odd-one-out when she's there, and feeling like she's left out of stuff, and of course the whole National ~Curriculum/LEA thing, but I still can't think of a better solution given our current circumstances, i.e. I have to go to work 3 mornings a week, and we can't afford for me to give it up.
I've been to the dentist today to have a renovation of a veneered front tooth, so now I have a nicer smile but it's cost £97, and on top of the £400 bill we've had for the car this week it's all a bit scary financially.
I've been forgetting to blog about how Isabelle's sleep has deteriorated again ... mostly because sometime over Christmas I started feeding her at night again (she never did get to the stage of sleeping through and she would sometimes wake and make a hell of a racket so I gave in and fed her just to shut her up quickly) and now she is waking at least every 2 hours to feed and she's making me very sore in the process. We'll have to do the cold-turkey thing again I think.
My house is still tidy :-) (relatively speaking - compared with before Monday!). Suddenly it's so easy to put the toys away at the end of the day, now I know where they all go. I knew that's what I needed!! I just couldn't seem to get it done myself. Hooray for good friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Flexi-schooling works well here atm, although it's a rather different situation school wise. Sorry to hear about the sleeping :(
So is school the latest blogring meme then ?... Hope you can sort something suitable out Joanna. I have to keep SB away from Helen now at night, if she sees her when she wakes up she usually screams and shuts endlessy. If she sin't there she makes a bit of fus, but then goes back to sleep. Mostly....
She's 14 months, Leandra. I did night-wean her at 10 months but lapsed....oops! Must try again when we've got the energy.
Up until a week ago we were the same - getting woken every couple of hours. This, combined with the fact Isaac doesn't sleep much during the day was really getting to me. Our solution was for DH and I to swap sides of the bed (Isaac no longer co-sleeps but is right next to the bed)and after a couple of awful nights it is now much improved. He now wakes only once during the night and sometimes also when we go to bed or early morning (he didn't have a breakfast feed before). It seems if he can see me he settles himself back to sleep. Maybe worth a shot if you haven't already?
Of course that shold say "if he *can't* see me he settles himself" !
I'm interested in hearing how flexi school goes, I can't find anywhere.
So what happened?
Post a Comment