I'm full of the joys of Spring, here, which is strange considering the broken night's sleep we've all had. Isabelle was intermittently very unhappy at not being fed all night, and Bill did sterling work soothing and comforting her. When it was light-ish at 6.30am I fed her, but she never went back to sleep after that, and neither did Tamsin and I.
However, we've had a really lovely morning so far. Normally so early on a Saturday morning I'd veg in front of the computer while the kids vegged in front of the TV, but today we didn't get onto either till now (9.45am). I've tidied and scrubbed the kitchen so now it is vaguely respectable again. We've eaten a healthy breakfast of porridge with mashed banana, during which we read more of the Flip Flap Body Book, all about what happens to your food. I've had a shower and got dressed, and then we've come downstairs again with one of Tamsin's word puzzles which she's spent ages on. They're little mini-jigsaws of animals with a letter on each piece to spell the animal's name. She told me which one she wanted to do next and I got her to tell me which letters she needed to spell the words. When they were all made, she told a fantastic story about all of them, broke off in the middle into a complicated version of Old MacDonald Had a Farm, and then continued the story. I only wish I'd been able to write it down or otherwise record it, but I was feeding Isabelle at the time. It's just been so not an activity or lesson that could have been pre-planned, but it was a beautiful demonstration of literacy and imagination all in together.
Soon we're going out for an Open Morning at the school that Tamsin will be attending 1-2 days per week in September. They're threatened either with closure or 'federating' with another school a few miles away, so they're drumming up public support in advance of the public meetings to be held over the next couple of weeks. After that we'll go to Tesco, and then to the library! And then I'll go to bed while Bill takes over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment