Monday, March 27, 2006

So much to blog, so little time...

Tamsin's at playschool, Isabelle has just gone down for a nap, but after two appalling nights with her as she is not very well, I simply must have a quick nap myself before collecting Tamsin, otherwise I will *never* make it till the end of the day, or more importantly, the children may not survive till the end of the day!! A touch of mastitis doesn't help, either.

So we've been down to Cornwall this weekend and got the car! A lovely Toyota Prius, which averaged 56mpg on the way home, so that's a result! It will be interesting to see how it goes round the doors. Bill and I are going to have a battle royal as to who gets the majority use of it, but I am regarding it as *mine*!!! He is distraught at the thought of the mess and dirt that will result from carrying the children in it. Anyway, he's driving it this first week, just for one week, you understand, to check how much money he saves driving to Oxford and back everyday, and then I will have it. Yes, I will.

On the way back, we dropped in on the tworedboots family which was great although I must apologise in public for being 3 hours late, or was it 4? That has to be a record. Partly due to the change to BST, which despite being a relatively intelligent person, befuddles me completely and I struggle to work out what time my body thinks it is, or more importantly, what time the children's bodies think it is. And partly because the car seller changed his mind at the last minute at coming up to St Austell to meet us to hand over the car, and we had to drive down to the back of beyond to collect it. The most beautiful section of the back of beyond, mind you, with the most stunning views from high up on a cliff over a river inlet and their own private beach, but envy isn't becoming so I will stop there.

So I now have half-an-hour before going to collect Tamsin, so it's snooze-time.

No comments: