Monday, April 03, 2006

First shoes

What a lovely day we've had today! Not a cross word said by anyone, I don't think, just relaxed and enjoyable. I have several memories today of Tamsin and I looking at each other sharing laughter about something or other, often one of Isabelle's funny little antics. It was all so sweet.

Not that we've actually done much. I had promised swimming today, which was planned for the afternoon. We had a lazy start to the morning, nobody waking before 8am, and all of us still in our pyjamas at 11am! Pulled finger out after that, and piled everybody plus dog into the car for a (short) trip into town, a visit to someone for work and to walk the dog. Bought fish and chips for lunch, then came home and ate it. Relaxed for an hour, then went off to Stratford for shopping and swimming.

Isabelle needs her first pair of shoes. It's funny how I could hardly wait for Tamsin to have been walking for 4 weeks before I got her first pair, but Isabelle has been walking for over 3 months now and it just hasn't seemed that important! But she is growing out of her cute little soft leather baby shoes, so we went to Brantano to get her measured. I had in mind how Tamsin's first shoes cost £31 and lasted only 4 weeks, so I thought I'd get some cheaper ones, but I didn't like the way there was no width measurement and then we were just left on our own to try on and choose shoes. I try that toe-squeezing move but just can't tell how much space there is in there! So we abandoned that and went next door into Boots for me to try (once again) to spend my Christmas vouchers. Had a lovely time browsing round, and eventually chose a smart aqua/brown coloured laptop case for my new computer (not yet quite set up for me but nearly there!). I feel so cool with it! I shall have to carry my laptop round town just to pose a little.

Found out that by now it was 3.30pm and swimming closed at 4, so had to break the news gently to Tamsin that there wasn't time to go (Bad Mummy!). Promised to go later this week though, and she took it extremely well. Went down to the Town Centre to visit Clarks and got a gorgeous pair of black patent shoes with tiny little pink hearts cut out all round for Isabelle - suitably cute for her to keep forever as "My First Shoes"!

Called round as pre-arranged to see a friend after that, and Tamsin really enjoyed playing out in the garden with her 2 boys. It was quite funny to see a little pink fairy kicking a football! Home late, dinner late and bed late but all is quiet now and it's bliss!

1 comment:

Classroomfree said...

Oooh the "first shoes" moment, can't wait ;-)