Was a pretty good day on the whole, although quite hard getting through with no TV until 5pm, and I did also leave the PC off till then and I *really* missed it. I think it was much better without, though, because what tends to happen is I get on the PC and get kind of mesmerised by it and then don't think clearly about what else needs to be done. I stayed more mentally alert yesterday, on the whole! But as I slept through the evening again last night, and Tamsin is at playschool this morning, I thought I would catch up a bit.
So, yesterday included Brio, reading (including this one about evolution as recommended by Nic, which has given me some food for thought and the need to do some more reading and deciding of my own), playdough, and lots of "copy me" games, where Tamsin wants me to copy whatever she is doing (very boring....). We walked the dog, and pretended to be Dora the Explorer and Thomas the Tank Engine. After lunch we went swimming, which both girls really enjoyed, and then home to a meal which I had already (efficiently) mostly prepared earlier, plus the long-awaited hour with Dora on Nick Jr, then TV was switched off again before bed. At the last minute, Tamsin decided she wanted to do some StudyDog, which I didn't think she liked much, but I obliged and she went right back to the beginning to do the letters of the alphabet, which is rather easy for her but I guess a bit of revision and morale-boosting isn't a bad idea.
This morning (Tuesday) she's read all the words on our "sound of the week" poster (still only on week 2, even though we started back in January, LOL! - that's how much of a procrastinator and disorganised I am) and requested to do some more, so I will prepare week 3 sounds and words this morning while she's out and put them together this afternoon.
Isabelle has woken - must go now!
Edit: Forgot to say that a major part of the morning was vacuuming with my new G-Tech cleaner - the big advantage of which is that it is light enough and quiet enough for Tamsin, and in fact she grabbed it off me and insisted on doing the whole house - result! I think I might make this 'her job' to give her some responsibility round the house and some fun as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
M's pretty good at vacuuming. In fact it's quite hard to get her to put it down. C sort of dabs at the dirty patches.
Don't be hard on yourself about the sounds of the week poster - she's very young and there's plenty of time for doing stuff like that.
Post a Comment