I was musing earlier about what to write in my own blog, and then find Sally has been on a similar track.... My particular dilemma is that giving a blow-by-blow account of each day ("first we did ....; then afterwards we ....." etc) seems as though it must be unutterably boring to anyone else, but in fact when I read other blogs on the ring I actually enjoy hearing what people have been doing in their 'ordinary' days. Anyway, because today has been fairly positive, I think this will be a 'blow-by-blow' kind of blog entry!
My energy levels seem to have been a bit better this week, although frustratingly I don't know why. It meant that the pattern of the past few weekends, when I got up with Tamsin around 7am and kept her busy till Bill woke up around 10am, and then I went back to bed while he got up and entertained her, was different this morning. Tamsin went to bed slightly later last night so didn't wake till around 8am and we got up about 8.30 and went downstairs, and I managed to stay awake all morning! We built Brio track after breakfast, which has been Tamsin's daily favourite activity since before Kessingland, and later on played with a lovely new Playdough set which SIL brought yesterday. Tamsin then practised some 'writing' which really consists of making semi-random marks on a paper and then deciding which letters they look like - but it's all developing fine motor control and I am pleased to see that without specifically being told, she is holding the pen correctly most of the time now.
I wanted to go out to a local WI sale (in the hope of finding some lovely cheap books) but the midwife had promised to call just to listen to the baby's heartbeat as I am at the stage now where anxiety is rising a little that something will go wrong at the last minute, so I am going to have twice-weekly checks at least, rather than the normal weekly ones. I didn't know what time she was coming, so just had to hang out at home till she did arrive, which was around 1pm. All was well, thankfully, and she has promised to come everyday if I want, so although I don't need that at the moment, it's nice to know it's there if necessary. She also said there would be no problem arranging a scan if I want fluid level/umbilical blood flow checked, etc.
We did pop into town this afternoon, although the WI sale had finished by then. But we had a couple of nice incidents: when we arrived at the local supermarket, which is right next to the railway line, we saw a small crowd gathering so went to have a look, and saw, to Tamsin's great excitement and happiness, a large steam-train chuffing out of the station. Then inside the shop I met a friend and her DH and kids (the one who visited us on Thursday morning); and another woman from church who, when I mentioned that yesterday and today I have started getting sharp pains down the sciatic nerves, offered to give me a massage (and she is trained!), so I'll definitely be taking her up on that in the next few days.
When I got home, I was feeling fairly worn out, so after tea and chocolate cake (bliss!) DH took over playing with Tamsin while I perused the blogring. Later they both took the dog out for a walk, and then came back and I enjoyed hearing the squeals of delight from the garden as DH repeatedly launched a plastic firework rocket case they'd found while out - very much a 'Daddy' kind of activity, I thought!
I should have put Tamsin to bed by now but she's engrossed in Thomas the Tank Engine videos - I am glad she's not too much of a Cinderella and princesses kind of girl (although she does like some of that) and instead is much more into trains!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I like 'ordinary day' blogs too. Glad you had a good day today and I do hope the anxiety levels don't fly too high over the next couple of weeks. Will be thinking of you.
A webcam on right now would catch me snacking on my second bowl of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes ... yum, yum.... while wasting time surfing the ring and the web instead of doing my finances...
Hmmm, shall I have a 3rd bowl?
My midnight tipple is cornflakes and raisins adulterated (not by choice) with soya milk! This is a Becsy concoction that I thought would be horrid! But we are both addicted now and get through about 3 or 4 boxes a week! Hmmm, must go have a bowl now you've talked about it! Ps: Hypericum for the sciatic pain!
BW
Sal
Post a Comment